Sunday, March 18, 2018

Announcement!


Announcement!

So welcome to the reopening of our sidebar! These will be posts, most likely slapped up on Sunday that aren't book reviews but will be discussing things that are book related. Like specific concepts (say suspension of disbelieve, or consistent characterization) or whatever else I think is worth comment on this review series. These won't happen every week but whenever I feel there's a topic worth conservation and I hope you will join readers. Our upcoming sidebar will be Snow Crash VS Ready Player One!
I had been planing on reviewing Snow Crash for over a year now. It's a grand novel and one of those things I would encourage fans of cyber punk, science fiction or general fiction fans to try out. Ready Player One wasn't something I was planning on reviewing, even with the movie. Until I saw an article where the writer was claiming that Ready Player One was a rip off of Snow Crash, which given what I knew of both plots... Seemed a damn odd claim.

Then on Reddit and other internet places where folks discuss and compare books, RP1 and Snow Crash kept getting throw together. Which was odd to me. So I decided I would look into it. So next week Sunday, after I have posted the book review. I'll be posting it as if it was a book review but if the subject doesn't interest you feel free to skip it.

That said, here's my view going in. I don't see RP1 or Snow Crash has having much in common beyond Virtual Reality Internet. While Snow Crash certainly comes first in that regard, I don't think every work that uses Virtual Reality Internet is a rip off of it. Maybe I'm missing something, do you think so? Please feel free to chime in the comments, twitter or elsewhere. Tell me what you think readers and next week, tell me if I changed your mind.

Keep Reading. Your reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment